Top Social

A different kinda Knitaboo

|
Well, I decided that I needed to do something special for my daughter so the idea came to me to make her a lovely blanket for the winter.  I still remember the blankets my mother made me and the fun I used to have with them.  They used to be tents, a house and just something warm and comforting.  I currently don't have them as my sister has staked her claim to it.

I am using acrylic wool and surprise surprise the Styelcraft wool I am using is much softer than expected.  It is gentle on my fingers, not like the ones I have from 3 years ago!  Acrylic has definitely come along way.  If this project turns out a success I might just do some for the Knitaboo Shop (I already have the wool for a boys ripple blanket!)

What do you think of the colour scheme?  I will update next week on how far along I am...this is going to take a while, isn't it?









6 comments on "A different kinda Knitaboo"
  1. They're beautiful colours! I can't wait to see the finished blanket!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed I get it done in time for Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Lovely colours! I haven't tried style craft yarn yet so may have to give it a go x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on. The only problems I have had so far is how the balls are put together. The ends seem to always be knotted

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9